Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has approved the redeployment of Ekpo Nta, chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).
Nta was redeployed to the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission.
Former President Goodluck Jonathan appointed Nta in 2012.
In a statement on Tuesday, Bolaji Adebiyi, director of press in the office of the secretary to the government of the federation, said Bolaji Owasanoye, a professor, has been appointed as chairman with a renewable tenure of five years.
“The appointment of the chairman is for five years, while the tenure for all the members is four years,” the statement read.
“Also, these appointments are subject to senate confirmation.”
The role of the senate in the confirmation of some appointees by the executive generated controversy after Osinbajo expressed support for the view of Femi Falana, human rights lawyer, that Ibrahim Magu, acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), does not need to be confirmed by the senate.
The new ICPC chairman was a member of the presidential committee on anti-corruption led by Itse Sagay, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN).
Below are the new appointments approved by the acting president:
Musa Abubakar Secretary
- Grace Chinda
- Okolo Titus
- Olubukola Balogun
- Sam Ewang
- Adamu Bello
- Hannatu Mohammed
- Abdullahi Saidu
- Sa’ad Alanamu
- Yahaya Daud
- Khamis Mailantarki
- Maimuna Aliyu
Apart from Nta, the new appointments at the national salaries, income and wages commission are:
- Richard Egbule Chairman
- E Thompson Secretary
- Dauda Yahaya Full-time commissioner
- Garba Gulma Full-time commissioner
- Victoria Chukwuani Part-time commissioner
- Geoffery Yeilong Part-time commissioner
- Ropo Shekoni Part-time commissioner
- Ahmed Gumel Part-time commissioner
- Isa Aremu Member
- Chuma Nwankwo Member
Siaka Isaiah Idoko was also appointed as Chairman/CEO of investment and security tribunal. Other members are:
- Jude I. Udunni Full-time Member
- Nosa Osemwengie Full-time Member
- Abubakar A. Ahmad Full-time Member
- Albert L. Otesile Full-time Member
- Emeka Madubuike Part-time Member
- Kasumi Garba Kurfi Part-time Member
- Edward O. Ajayi Part-time Member
- Onyemaechi E. M. Elujekor Part-time Member
- Mamman Bukar Zargana Part-time Member
For infrastructure concession regulatory commission, the government appointed Chidi Izuwah as director-general.
The acting president also named Okoi Obona-Obla, special assistant to the president on prosecution, as the chairman of the committee to recover public property.
Akingbolahan Adeniran was appointed secretary of the committee. ( thecableng)